elhacker.net cabecera Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor Ingresar o Registrarse
¿Perdiste tu email de activación?.

Tema destacado: Security Series.XSS. [Cross Site Scripting]

+  Foro de elhacker.net
|-+  Sistemas Operativos
| |-+  Windows (Moderador: Randomize)
| | |-+  windows xp and windows 7 dual boot issue: they won't
Páginas: [1] Ir Abajo Respuesta Imprimir
Autor Tema: windows xp and windows 7 dual boot issue: they won't  (Leído 1,568 veces)
colintyvu

Desconectado Desconectado

Ver Perfil
windows xp and windows 7 dual boot issue: they won't
« en: 6 Diciembre 2012, 17:44 pm »

I read the complete step by step how to on setting up dual booting windows 7 and xp. I prepared all my partitions beforehand, and labeled them accordingly so there would be no confusion i. I installed windows 7 on my new SATA drive. Everything went OK, except that I never got a boot menu presented - to 7, it was as if XP was not there i.
I downloaded and installed, and ran, easybcd, and tried to add the xp menu entry manually. It asks for the drive, and the drive with xp on it is now, under windows 7, drive D (it is E when I boot xp). All necessary files (ntldr, ntdetect.com, boot.ini) are all on this drive. But when I try that menu entry, all the computer does is reboot. It will still only boot windows 7, unless I go into the BIOS settings and change the boot order of the hard drives (in this list, if I make the one with the Win7 partition nr 1, I can boot windows 7 and only that; if I make the one with the XP partition nr 1, I get my regular old boot menu from boot.ini (which also gets me into my wubi install of ubuntu). i
I would like to be able to boot into XP from the windows 7 boot menu, or, alternately, would like to boot windows 7 from the xp boot menu. (that would be even better). Does anyone have any pointers for me?

Thanks in advance.

Páginas: [1] Ir Arriba Respuesta Imprimir 

Ir a:  

Mensajes similares
Asunto Iniciado por Respuestas Vistas Último mensaje
Dual boot FreeBSD y Windows 7
Unix/Unix-Like
9ttnix 7 7,645 Último mensaje 24 Noviembre 2011, 14:50 pm
por Foxy Rider
Dual boot Windows 8.1 y Kali Linux
GNU/Linux
Zerockz 1 5,867 Último mensaje 18 Julio 2014, 14:38 pm